The Ultimate Sustainable Christmas Gift Guide: Fair-trade, eco-friendly, ethical and
sustainable Christmas gifts for everyone on your list!
Let’s get one thing very clear before we dive into this post: I don’t hate Christmas.
I’m not here to ruin the day for you or rant to you about how the holiday is all about capitalist greed, because I’m basically the human incarnation of Buddy the Elf. I bloody love Christmas and I always will, no matter how far along I am on this eco-living journey of mine.
However, I think we can all agree that December is a pretty wasteful time of the year. It’s twinkly and magical and gingerbread-scented, yes. But it’s certainly not the most sustainable month.
Making more ethical and eco-friendly choices as a consumer is a challenge all year round, but making those choices is even more tricky when you need to buy presents for Aunt Maureen and the secret Santa at work. So, I totally wouldn’t blame you for going down to your local Primark and picking up the first pair of fluffy socks you see and a bath set.
Been there. Done that. Will probably end up doing it again this year when it gets to the 23rd and I realise I’ve forgotten someone.
However, that doesn’t mean that we can’t try to be better. I think it’s important that we all do as much as we physically and financially can to support ethical and sustainable companies, but especially at such a wasteful time of year. So, I wanted to make it as easy as possible for you all by taking the search out of your present buying.
In the guide below I’ve bought together a whole host of items perfect for gifting, but with the sustainable and ethical morals to make them worth investing in. Whether it’s low-waste packaging, cruelty-free cosmetics, independent businesses or companies that give back in some way, each and every one of these gifts comes from companies that actually deserve your money this festive season.
- Lip Fudge plumping lip conditioner by Tropic
- Black vegan leather watch by Votch and Grey vegan leather watch by Votch
- Goddess perfume by Lush
- Lavender soap by Atlas and Ortus
- Mini Luxury Bath Foam Collection by Tropic
- Cacao Liqueur by FAIR and Pomegranate Liqueur FAIR
- Cocoa Loco Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Spoon
- Divine chocolate coins
- Black crossbody bag by Matt and Nat
- Jar candles from The Recycled Candle Company
- English breakfast tea by Clipper
- Pacifica perfume rollerball
- Coffee by Percol
- White and cork mug by Every Origin and Grey and cork mug by Every Origin
- Coffee maker with stainless steel filter by Eva Solo
- Green Bath Potion by MOA via Persephone Beauty
- Mens shaving brush and soap set by Dalit
- The Daily Glow face oil by Neighbourhood Botanicals and Big Strong Man beard oil by Neighbourhood Botanicals via Persephone
- Noble Nudes nail varnishes by Nailberry
- Divine Orange and Ginger chocolate bar
- Divine luxury chocolate hamper
- Landson Green Label Organic Brut Champagne
- Recycled glass champagne flutes by Grehom
- Divine Drinking Chocolate
- Organic Constellation PJ set by Thought
- Kiko landscape brass frame and Kiko portrait brass frame
- Organic Sleepy Socks by Thought and Men’s Cabin Organic Cotton Socks by Thought
- Inner Strength, Outer Beauty collection from TRUE
- Pure Wool Throw by Natural Collection
- Pants and socks set by Organic Basics
- Cinnamon Orange and Retro Tree bath oil bars from Lush
- Vegan Biscoff Fudge by FabFudge
- Luva Huva Knicker Set